Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Commercials

I don't watch the Super Bowl for the football unless the Bears are playing, so this year I'm solely looking at commercials. Here's a compilation of some of the best, as I see them.

Hyundai: Screaming BMW and Lexus executives, "Win one award, and suddenly everybody gets your name right"--Screaming Germans and Japanese businessmen: always funny

E*Trade: I really like this company, and only last year it was on the verge of collapse what with the financial markets imploding. I grant near total credit for the firm's recovery on the E*Trade baby commercials from last Super Bowl, and the company is continuing them this year (3% interest on savings account might also have helped its recovery). That baby is awesome; I vote him for Treasury Secretary.

Priceline.com: Asian guy doing William Shatner impression. Awesome. (I'm still using Expedia, though)

Coca-Cola: I am so glad they got rid of the slogan "The Coke Side of Life." I mean, what marketing genius came up with that? Now it's "Open Happiness." As a devout Coke drinker, I have to agree. Also, the commercial with all the bugs stealing the Coke to tune of "Peter and the Wolf" was just adorable.

Monster.com: Everyone has felt, at one point or another, that their job consisted of staring at a moose's ass.

Careerbuilder.com: Ok, this beat Monster, I think. Punching koalas with glasses. That's all I need to say.

Miller: High Life!

Cash4Gold.com: As any Objectivist will tell you, this is not a good investment. Keep your gold. I'm talking to you, Ed McMahon

Hulu: Alec Baldwin can turn my brain to mush any day of the week.

Finally, the Pespi commercial with McGruber was good, but Pepsi sucks, so it gets no points.

No comments:

Post a Comment